- Children stay with us from the age of 2 years up until their 5th Birthday. Children can stay at CKP until their 6th Birthday. Please talk to the administrator if you need more information.
- We are open Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Morning sessions: 8:00am – 12.00pm. The morning program includes mat times, free play and formal teaching in small groups at appropriate time suitable for the age groups.
- Afternoon sessions: 1:00pm – 5:00pm.The afternoon programme offers a’ Readiness to school programme’ for the nearly 5 age group, free play, mat time and structured learning in a group.
- All-Day sessions: It could be from 9.00 am to 3pm or longer hours. This is beneficial for a smooth and relaxed transition to primary school. (We also know the importance and necessity of trustworthy childcare to working families so we need to remain affordable yet practical, so to meet these needs our childcare rates include the following:
- Flexible sessions.
- Own lunches to teach independence and responsibility.
- WINZ subsidies are available.
- 20 hours free ECE for children aged 3 years and over. (4 hour sessions or 6 hrs a day with the session times mentioned above)
Arriving and leaving
- When you arrive and depart, please sign your child in on the attendance sheet. This is very important as this information is used in case of emergencies and is also a legal requirement of the Ministry of Education.
- Remember to let us know if you are away from your usual contact number so we are able to contact you if needed. If you plan on having someone else pick up your child, this information must be recorded on the enrolment form.
- It is important to adhere to booked arrival and departure times as we must ensure we are meeting legislative requirements for staff to child ratios. We want to meet your needs as best we can, so please always let us know if you would like to change your booking times with 2 weeks advance.
- When you arrive, please help your child to find their name on the wall and practice writing their name when they are ready to do so. Guide them to hang their bag on the hook provided. Carry their lunch boxes and water bottle to the area provided.
You will always be greeted by our wonderful teachers who enjoy hearing all about what your child has been doing while away from Preschool.
Download our Enrolment Form (PDF, 240kB).
Once completed, post to Covenant Kids Preschool, PO Box 75452 Manurewa, Auckland, or come and visit us at 61 Beaumonts Way, Manurewa, Auckland.